We’re celebrating Mark Parson’s birthday here at Innovative Eye Care. Jane Scotcher has been lovely enough to make us all a cake for the occasion, but we don’t want to have all the fun by ourselves! That’s why we’ve got all the instructions you’ll need to remake the cake at home - that is, if you’d like to taste the most delicious thing in the world for yourself.
Jane’s Naked Strawberries & Cream Sponge Cake
You will need:
- 2 unfilled store bought sponge cakes, each cut in half horizontally
- 1 very generous portion of Mrs Appleton’s homemade strawberry jam (but good quality store bought is fine!)
- Lashing of thickened cream
- 2 punnets of juicy red ripe strawberries, sliced
- Split each sponge cake into two horizontally. Freezing slightly aids in the layering.
- Spread jam on 3 of the 4 sponge cakes.
- Cover the same with as many or as little strawberries as desired.
- Start assembling by spreading a thick layer of cream right to the edges of the same sponge cakes.
- Cover the top and sides with more cream.
- Decorate as desired - try strawberries dipped in chocolate or shaved chocolate!